Nope, I failed miserably, it's been a month. Oh well, at least I can admit I have a problem!! The last month has flown by. The girls had camp, we swam, tried to survive the 100 degree weather that still hasn't gone away...we saw some movies, had sleepovers and just stayed super busy. Camp is now over and we are getting ready to leave on our whirlwind vacation. We are going to the Ethiopian culture camp again (YAY), then to Chicago and then to the wedding that the girls are standing up in. We are excited and ready to get out of dodge!
Updates on the girls:
Orange: She just keeps growing and growing. We are now taller than all the kids in our class. We've had some health problems that we are dealing with (nothing horrible) and that hasn't been fun. We did do another bone age on her and this time it showed her at 7 yrs 10 mths +/- a year. I am still not convinced that she is just turning 7 soon. I really think she may be closer to 8 but we will never know. She had a blast at camp this summer and has turned into quite the little fish. She is still boy crazy and just wants to be a teenager already (oy).
Some funny Orangeisms:
1. Mom, whose car are we taking to Ethiopia? Ours or K's? (needless to say we had a short geography lesson after this one)
2. Mom, do they have a magic brush in America that will make my hair grow faster?
Lemon: My little almost 4 year old is about the same, sassy, bossy, trying so hard to be independent but isn't in everything...all around tough. She still cracks me up daily. She is all of a sudden scared of everything which isn't fun. She also enjoyed camp and LOVES the water. We aren't there yet without floaties but getting closer. She continues to be a mess when she eats and I sometimes wonder if I will be buying wet wipes until she is 30:-) She has become quite the comedian lately too. She now does an R. laugh (her BFF). I will have to get video because it is hilarious!
Some funny Lemonisms:
1. After not giving her a snack about 2.2 seconds after lunch. "you are the meanest family ever, you don't like me and you think I am ugly" (ok...)
2.
Love the little insights into their lives...so cute! so nice meeting you and the girls the other night :)
ReplyDelete