Friday, June 17, 2011

Lemon!

Oh where do I start!!! Lemon is the terrible 2's on steroids....a.k.a 3's. She is stubborn, sassy, has multiple personalities and is very lucky she is so darn cute!! She knows how to work the system too, yup...she is also very smart! Here are samples of some of our conversations!!

Lemon: Are you disappointed in me Mama (after a bad morning)
Me: Yes, I am sad you are acting this way.
Lemon:(looks at me sweetly) I like you Mama (hug, kiss).
Me: I like you too.
Lemon: I so so so sorry Mama.

Lemon: Can I have candy? 
Me: No, you just had cake.
Lemon: I no like you, you are a mean Mama. Mama's are not supposed to be mean. They give candy.
  
Lemon: You not the Mama anymore, Grammy is the Mama.
Lemon: I not your daughter anymore.
Me: Ok, then who are you.
Lemon: I just lemon.

Me: You are a piece of work kiddo
Lemon: Mommy, is that a Mitzvah

Me: Hold your flipping horses.
Lemon: No, you hold your flipping horses

Me: Stop doing that, I am going to count to 3. 1...2...
Lemon: STOP COUNTING

D: Lemon, what kind of birthday party are you going to have?
Lemon: A pool party
Me: Ummm....haven't you been saying for almost 3 months that you want a party outside at our house like your friend Emily?
Lemon: MOOOM...I am done with that now.

I could go on forever, in fact, I should write a novel. Yep, that's my girl....Oh do I love her!!! Even though she is so tough right now, she is still the sweetest girl. She loves to cuddle and to give kisses. She still has a happiness and an excitement within her that is contagious (other than when she is yelling at me). She LOVES her family so much and is so excited when we are all together. If the 3 of us and the dog are sitting on the same couch, she says "look we are a family" and smiles. She also still just adores her big sister but does do pretty much whatever she wants to annoy her.

Oh and her eating habits...oy. She changes her mind daily about what she likes. So for instance, when we are having something with cheese in it, I have to make sure she likes cheese that day. Monday it could be yes but Tuesday it could be no. She will always tell you she likes something just so she can try it. Generally it gets spit out into my hand. Mind you she is picky but she is still growing. My sweet little tiny girlie is a giant. She is 41.5 inches and 44 lbs. She is over the 90% for both height and weight. She is now bigger than Orange was when she came home last year. Crazy!!

Some funny things she still says and does-
Plause it please or you have to recorb that Mom- for the DVR
She won't let me in the bathroom when she poops. I have to be in the hall and she has to close the door and tell me when it is time to help her wipe if she needs help.
If our dog gets a hair cup (hair cut) she asks every day for a week or so afterwards if she still has her hair cup on.
We still need dandaids for any injury. Generally if she hurts her knee, the dandaid is much more beneficial if it is put on the finger (well duh). She has now added that she needs a cast and can't walk if she hurts anything. Can you say Jewish neuroticism ...nature vs. nurture...nurture won.
I am just waiting for the morning she turns 4 because I know that all will be better in this world...right??? If you have something mean to say, don't say it:-)
                                 
                                         Being the model in her sister's photo shoot.
                                               Yes, Orange did her makeup.

                                           Can you say....I know I am cute!!!

2 comments:

  1. 41.5 inches?? Wow! That's how tall Selam is and people are always trying to tell me that Selam looks so tall!

    Lemon sounds like a great kid!

    Oy, blogger is being annoying again, so I can't post as my real self.
    It's susan from
    http://theskyislaughing.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete